California Natural Color
Updated: January 2023
I. Categories of Personal Information We Collect about Business Contacts
Generally, we collect the following categories of Personal Information about Business Contacts:
- Identifiers, including real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, IP address, email address, account name, or other similar identifiers
- Personal records, including your name, signature, address, telephone number, education, employment, and employment history. (This includes information described in Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e).)
- Commercial information, including records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, including browsing history, search history, and information regarding your interactions with our websites, applications, or advertisements
- Geolocation data
- Professional or employment-related information including company name, company address and phone.
I. II. Sources from Which We Collect Personal Information
Generally, we collect the categories of Personal Information described above from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from you
- Automatically when you use our websites, mobile applications, and other electronic services
- Created by us (e.g., if we create records pertaining to you, provide you with a login or user ID, or otherwise generate information linked to you)
- From service providers that help us to run our business, which may include your employer as well as other entities with which we have an established service provider relationship
- From third parties, which may include entities with which we do not have established service provider relationships and individuals outside of Gallo Glass who may provide us your Personal Information
- Where necessary to run our websites
- To optimize the functionality of our websites
- For analytics purposes
- For purposes of ad targeting and marketing
- To determine if our email messages have been opened and acted upon
Cookies vary in how long they last. “Session cookies” terminate shortly after you terminate your internet session. “Persistent cookies” are stored on your device until a set expiration date. We use both session cookies and persistent cookies on our websites.
III. Purposes for Which We Use Your Personal Information
We use the Personal Information we collect about Business Contacts for purposes that relate to our business relationship, including:
- To provide you with products, services, or information you request
- To facilitate your provision of products, services, or information to us
- To communicate with you
- To enter into contracts, make or request payments, or conduct pre-contract due diligence
- To facilitate contract administration or account management
- To promote our products and services
We may also collect, use, and disclose Personal Information as required by law, regulation or court order; to respond to governmental and/or law enforcement requests; to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interfering with our (or others’) rights or property; to support any actual or threatened claim, defense or declaration in a case or before any jurisdictional and/or administrative authority, arbitration or mediation panel; or in connection with disciplinary actions/investigations. Likewise, we may use and disclose Personal Information to third parties in connection with the sale, assignment, merger, reorganization, or other transfer of any of our brands or companies.
Our uses of Personal Information do not include purposes to which the right to limit use and disclosure of Sensitive Personal Information applies under the California Consumer Privacy Act.
IV. How Long We Keep Your Personal Information
We keep the categories of Personal Information described above for as long as necessary or permitted for the purposes described in this Policy or otherwise authorized by law. This generally means holding the information for as long as one of the following apply:
- Your Personal Information is reasonably necessary to manage our operations, to manage your relationship with us, or to satisfy another purpose for which we collected the information;
- Your Personal Information is reasonably necessary to carry out a disclosed purpose that is reasonably compatible with the context in which the Personal Information was collected;
- The Personal Information is reasonably necessary to protect or defend our rights or property (which will generally relate to applicable laws that limit actions in a particular case); or
- We are otherwise required or permitted to keep your information by applicable laws or regulations.
Where information is used for more than one purpose, we will retain it until the purpose with the latest period expires. For more information about our retention policies, please contact us using the contact details below.
V. Disclosures of California Personal Information about Business Contacts
We may disclose each of the categories of Personal Information we collect about Business Contacts with our service providers and contractors for the purposes described in Section III of this Policy. Within the preceding 12 months, we have not sold or shared for cross-context behavioral advertising the Personal Information of our California Business Contacts, including as the terms “sale” and “share” are defined under California law. If you also interact with us as a consumer, please review our California Consumer Privacy Notice for more information about our practices in that context.
VI. California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, you have the right to submit certain requests relating to your Personal Information under the California Consumer Privacy Act. To exercise any of these rights, please submit a request through our webform or call us at 1-888-295-0247. Please note that, if you submit a request to know, request to delete, or request to correct, we will ask that you verify your identity by providing provide 2-3 pieces of Personal Information that we will match against our records to verify your identity. The information that we ask you to provide to verify your identity will depend on your prior interactions with us and the sensitivity of the Personal Information at issue.
You may designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. If you use an authorized agent, we may request that you verify your identity directly with us. An authorized agent may submit a request on your behalf using the webform or toll-free number listed above.
Right to Know. California residents have the right to request more information regarding the following:
(1) The categories of Personal Information we have collected about you, including:
- The categories of sources from which the Personal Information was collected
- Our business or commercial purposes for collecting or disclosing Personal Information
- The categories of recipients to which we disclose Personal Information
- The categories of Personal Information that we disclosed for a business purpose, and for each category identified, the categories of recipients to which we disclosed that particular category of Personal Information
(2) The specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you
Right to Request Deletion of Personal Information. You have the right to request the deletion of Personal Information we collected from you, subject to certain exceptions. If we cannot delete all of your Personal Information, we will inform you of the reasons. Where we use deidentification to satisfy a deletion request, we commit to maintaining and using the information in deidentified form and will not attempt to reidentify the information.
Right to Correct Inaccurate Personal Information. If you believe that Personal Information we maintain about you is inaccurate, you may submit a request for us to correct that information. Upon receipt of a verifiable request to correct inaccurate Personal Information, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to correct the information as you direct.
Right to Non-Discrimination. If you choose to exercise any of the privacy rights described above, you also have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment by us.
VII. Not for Children
Our websites and mobile applications are neither intended for, nor targeted to children. If you are a parent or guardian and you believe that your child has provided Personal Information to us, please contact us so that we can delete the information.
We take commercially reasonable and appropriate steps to protect Personal Information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Please keep in mind, however, that there is no such thing as perfect security, and no Internet transmission is ever completely secure or error-free. Moreover, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any username and password you use.
X. How to Contact Us
If you have questions or comments regarding our privacy practices, you may contact us as follows:
Email address: DataPrivacy@ejgallo.com
Telephone number: 1-888-295-0247
Postal address: Consumer Engagement, 600 Yosemite Blvd., Modesto, CA 95354